Life on Raoul Island - a nature reserve, a marine reserve, oh and a volcano.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot springs

One of the best things on Raoul must be the hot spring that can be found on the beach not too far from the hostel. On a grey day last week we all went down to investigate! The water in places is 70 degrees, combine it with a little sea water and you have a perfect hot pool!

We have a few big round tubs, like the one I am in (usually used to store all our rice, oats, sugar and pasta - but I think we have found a much better use for them now!) And a few huge buoys that have washed up on the beach make excellent tubs.

Winter isn't so bad when you have your own private hot pool on the front door step! And I guess having air temperatures drifting in and out of the 20's helps!

2 comments: