Well the last time I posted anything here was when we were all still on Raoul and life was simple! Now I am back to work, back to actually paying for things and back to the craziness of cycling in a city! But that is jumping ahead a little...

So changeover, the new team and a few extras arrived on the
Braveheart all fresh faced and excited (just like us not so long ago!) The week past in a blur of volleyball games, tug of war contests, swimming and teaching them the ways of island life. Before we knew it we were back on the
Braveheart heading for the mainland watching the island disappear with eight very white bums waving us off!

The trip was pretty good, well after the first day when it was a little rough and a few people were a little unwell...the next two were sunny and calm, perfect! Back in
Tauranga we started saying our goodbyes and heading off in different directions.
After a brief stop in Auckland where
Lachlan and I overdosed on fresh fruit (strawberries, mango, banana, nectarines for dinner and breakfast -
sooo good!) I went to
Taupo and visited Ellie, who used to live in Christchurch but upped sticks and moved as soon as I turned my back to go to Raoul! Damn her! But she does live in a nice spot, and had we had a fantastic time following her plan for integrating me back into the mainland way of life - fishing for prawns, a crazy yoga session, watching stunning sunsets and tramping! My time there past all to quickly!

And now I'm back in the garden city. I have started a new job (park ranger for the regional council) and so far so good, not quite the same as working on Raoul but I think I'm going to like it.
And I guess that's it from me, at least till next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment